Yes, we're having a Scavenger Hunt online, and we're not going to be fuddy duds about it! We've never done this before...but isn't that what first times are all about!?!
We only have two rules - after all we want to make this fun!
Rules:Everyone can play except CDS members. One entry per person.
That was easy enough!! Now cuddle up and grab your coffee, tea, or hot chocolate -- next is the really fun part. I'm going to going over what you'll be playing for if you decide to join in.
Three lucky winners will win all the prizes. This is what each winner will receive:
1. Person who finds the most symbols: Antoinette mannequin from Couture Doll Shops plus donated items from shop owners #1-#7 is the prize.
2. Person who finds the 2nd most symbols: Antoinette mannequin from Couture Doll Shops plus donated items from shop owners #8 through #13 is the prize.
3. General draw - all who send in an entry will have their name put in a drawing for this prize. Antoinette mannequin from Couture Doll Shops plus donated items from shop owners #14 through #16. is the prize.
2. Mike Austin, Mike's Creations: A pair of Silver Heart Floating earrings that fit Numina or Sybarites, but can ordered for any 16 inch doll; specify when you claim your prize.
3. Phyllis Erlenbusch & Sylvia Christianson, Eclectic Closet: A necklace with a rose center and earrings to match.
4. Aurora Mathews, Aurora Originals: "Gemstones of the Southwest" is a necklace of genuine turquoise drops and sterling silver beads for a 16" fashion doll.
5. Karen Jeffries, Shooz by Kaz: A pair of Shooz titled "A little brown bow or two." The shoes are a pair of round toe wedge heels with brown perforated leather, and small bow trim.
6. Barbara Johnson, Olive's Martini Bar: Two red martinis because hard working divas deserve some fun - and so do their dolls!
8. Denise Travers & Larraine Elcock, Azone: A black lace up blouse with short or long sleeves.
10. Rob Thompson, Rob's Dolls: A signature cotton mini dresses, in black and features a white print of a chandelier. The dress is made to fit the skinny girls, like Misaki, Momoko, Poppy Parker, Dynamite Girls, Model Muse Barbie and such.
11. Marcia Friend, Facets by Marcia: " Diamond Fire" jewelry set - jet black Swarovski rhinestones accented with red set in gunmetal with delicate bead chain draping. Set includes necklace and earrings and is available for 12" or 16" dolls.
12. Tamara Casey, Designs by Jude/Fletcher Patterns: Has patterns to fit all your dolls, & will offer 2 PDF patterns - winner's choice.
13. Vicky Lujan-Gibbs, Doll Jeans by Vicky: A pair of her trademark jeans for Ellowyne. They fit well yet still allow your doll to pose standing or sitting.
14. Elisa Cetera, Petra Elise Fashion Doll Couture: Sweet Valentine hearts grace this cotton strapless sheath with red silk dupioni sash- fits Fashion Royalty dolls.
15. John & Cindy Prewitt, JC Dream Designs: A round chair with a curved, arched back, covered in Barbie Trademark fabric.
16. Karen Kolkman, Kolkman Kreations: A dress called "Valentine Gala Evening Dress." This is a scoop neck dress in a hot pink foil knit with balloon style sleeves designed to fit most 11-12" dolls.
HOW TO PLAY
We're going to test your knowledge of our shops. If you frequent CDS you should be ahead in this game!
What you'll need to do is study our symbols that are pictured in numbered order below. You will use the clue under each symbol's picture to find the shop each symbol is in. Some clues are easy; some a little hard - but they all relate to the shop or shop owner in some way. Accumulate the most symbols, make an entry listing them all and the title of the shop you found each in, and you will have a chance to win!
Take some time to review the symbols and clues listed next. You might even want to print them out to help you in your search.
Clues: #1-Northern lights originals #2-Makes me think of gossamer things
Clues: #3-Dazzling creations of finest quality #4-A flower by another name is this shop
Clues: #5-Keeping it simply...darling #6-Dress your doll or her boudoir in 1 place
Clues: #7-2 sisters carving out a niche of their own #8-This shop has just perfect fit
Clues: #9-Would rather rodeo than sew #10-Nothing little about this shop's style
Clues: #11-Part of name means stone #12-Even they have not seen Popeye
Clues: #13-Shop the Orient online #14-If you dream it, he can build it
Clue: #15-Carrie Bradshaw would be right at home here #16-OOAK dolls and fashions on the cutting edge
Jot down the symbol number and the shop name it is found in as you go about the Hunt. When you are satisfied with your finds, click the vote button on the right to place your entry. You will be transported to a page to vote. There you will enter EACH symbol number and shop name you found a symbol in. After you enter all you found, you'll just need to click again and your one entry will be sent in. It's that easy!
You can do this Scavenger Hunt at your own pace because you have plenty of time. Entries will be accepted all day Saturday 1/29 and Sunday 1/30, and until noon on Monday 1/31. Then come back here on Friday 2/4 to view the winners - hopefully your name will be written here.
I think everything has been addressed to play this game, but if you need a question answered, feel free to: